NJ Diva Girl

The life of a Ghetto Geek Diva...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Professional, Single, Student, Parent

  • Blog Mapping
  • Getty Images
  • Google News
  • Internet Broadcasting
  • RandomURL
  • Shadows
  • Sisterstalk
  • The Abrams Report
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  •  

    Friday, July 15, 2005

    28 Years of Separation

    Ok so today was boring. I guess I will relate a recent experience.This is kinda long, entertaining...but 100% true:

    I was so happy; my sisters were coming to visit a few months ago. I know you are probably thinking yeah ok that's special. LOL But it is special! Because a little over two year ago, I hadn't seen my sisters in over 28 years! Yes that is we had endured a 28 year separation. I hadn't seen my sisters since I was about 3 or 4 years old. It's really a bitter sweet story. Amazing, heartbreaking and basically freaking unbelievable. But it all comes to a happy ending or umm maybe I should say a happy beginning.

    I'll try to make this brief. So where shall I begin? Oooh ok, so, about 33 years ago, my mother conceived me, one year after that, she conceived another child (another baby girl). Mom grew wary of raising two small girls on her own and married another guy. Soon after, she conceived her third daughter. Barely any time passed before mom was pregnant again, at this time a fourth daughter was conceived. When both my younger sisters were under 3 years of age, the lunatic husband proceeded to abduct the two youngest children. And so the story continues...

    Growing up was awful, knowing that my sisters were somewhere out there. Not knowing what was going on and being afraid that the same thing would happen to me one day. Mom and the rest of the family searched high and low for them for many years. I looked on the back of milk cartons hoping I would find some clues. I trusted no one. Throughout the years, my remaining sister and I lead very sheltered lives. My mother told us that maybe they were better off in their new lives. I guess she was just trying to cope and move on. My mom became very despondent and I don't think overall she's ever regained her spirit from the ordeal. I hated her for telling us to move on. So at the age of 10, I agreed to put my search to rest. I wouldn't mention another word out loud about it until I was old enough to do my own thing. At that point, I would continue my search. At least at 21 I would be grown and no one could tell me what I could and could not do.

    So at 21 years old, my search continued. It took me 12 years to finally find what I was looking for. On January 10, 2003, I found my sisters!!! I found one of them online with a stroke of luck and years of hard work. They had been living 7 hours away in another state. I found out that I had four more nieces and nephews. I'm an aunt to a total of seven children now! We had a family reunion soon after the discovery and everyone was together again after a 28 year separation. It was a bittersweet reunion. We cried, we laughed and we hugged. We are so similar, it was amazing.

    Since then, we've visited each other at least 15 times. It is almost like we were never separated. I'm so happy. It is special!

    3 Comments:

    At 7/16/2005 1:20 AM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

    What a great ending! I am happy for you. You just made my night!

     

    At 7/16/2005 2:42 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

    Such a touching sad story. People just don't realize what they do to their children through their selfish pursuit of some il-defined happiness. Glad you found your sisters though.

     

    At 7/23/2005 2:48 PM, Blogger NjDivaGirl said...

    It has truly been a rollercoaster ride that I have enjoyed. Family can really make a difference. You learn so much about yourself from them. Thanks for all of your comments.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Who Links Here  
    Blogroll Me!

     


    Link to Groovy Lizard

     

     

     

    ARCHIVES

    July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 July 2007

    Race Riots Correction
    1967 Race Riots
    30 Something and Single...
    Hello Again!!!

  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Crunk And Disorderly
  • Lowered Expectations
  • Urban Knight
  • Myrah Love Today
  • Princess Dominique
  • Sarcasm In A Bottle
  • Sex Kitten
  •