NJ Diva Girl

The life of a Ghetto Geek Diva...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Professional, Single, Student, Parent

  • Blog Mapping
  • Getty Images
  • Google News
  • Internet Broadcasting
  • RandomURL
  • Shadows
  • Sisterstalk
  • The Abrams Report
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  •  

    Sunday, July 17, 2005

    Spoiled, Rotten Brat!


    Well this weekend was pretty much a bust. During the summer months, I have Friday's off. This past Friday was spent sleeping. I didn't get up until the early afternoon. I had stayed up the night before. The phone woke me up. It was my sister asking me for a computer printout. I was disgusted. This is the sister that I grew up with. I love my sister, but sometimes I want to punch her lights out. She has three kids and is totally dependent on other people. She relies on everyone else for everything and it irks me that at 30 + she's not more responsible. I keep telling her, no one owes her anything and that she needs to step up to the plate and take care of herself and her children. That goes in one ear and out the other.

    Yesterday for instance, I spent all day trying to get her daughter's hair twisted. Mind you I picked them up, took them to the salon, paid for it out of my pocket and even bought them breakfast. The whole time she is complaining. Telling me how it is taking too long and how she wants to leave and how all of this is a waste of time. Excuse me, but your daugther's head looks like chickens have been playing in it and what else is there for you to do? NOTHING! You are not doing anything at all but sitting on your FAT ASS. You are not using your car, your gas or your money! GRRRrrr. This sister irks the hell out of me. But for some reason, I feel a sense of responsibility to make sure that her kids don't suffer. They are family and it is not their fault that their mother is irresponsible.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Ok, so last year, I decided that I was going to write a book. I started writing it about 6 months ago. It will be closely based on my own personal experiences. I know that everyone has a story to tell. Some people don't want to tell their story; others want to scream it from the mountain top. I am somewhere in the middle. I feel that it necessary to tell mines.

    3 Comments:

    At 7/17/2005 4:14 PM, Blogger -- said...

    Good luck with the book. Everyone seems to desire being published, but few actually make the effort of writing something worthy of publishing.

     

    At 7/23/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger NjDivaGirl said...

    Hopefully it can happen...LOL I keep thinking if 'crazy' Terry McMillian can do it...so can I...LOL

     

    At 7/23/2005 4:34 PM, Blogger -- said...

    Didn't she marry a gay guy and claimed she never knew he was gay? I would think it rather difficult lack the skills to detect possible signs of homosexuality in a man you've married, even though you're married. But that's just me. ;)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Who Links Here  
    Blogroll Me!

     


    Link to Groovy Lizard

     

     

     

    ARCHIVES

    July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 July 2007

    28 Years of Separation
    Race Riots Correction
    1967 Race Riots
    30 Something and Single...
    Hello Again!!!

  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Crunk And Disorderly
  • Lowered Expectations
  • Urban Knight
  • Myrah Love Today
  • Princess Dominique
  • Sarcasm In A Bottle
  • Sex Kitten
  •