NJ Diva Girl

The life of a Ghetto Geek Diva...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Professional, Single, Student, Parent

  • Blog Mapping
  • Getty Images
  • Google News
  • Internet Broadcasting
  • RandomURL
  • Shadows
  • Sisterstalk
  • The Abrams Report
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  •  

    Thursday, December 15, 2005

    'Tis the Season...


    'Tis the season to get your ankles crushed by some crazed shopper's shopping cart. Bah Hum Bug! LOL Well not really. But, I'm not too fond of the holidays. It's not because I'm a Scroogette or anything. It's just that I mean...come on? What's the purpose? Traffic is a mess, people act a fool, the crime rate goes up, and you got folks going into debt just to get Little Billy the latest toy thingy. It's a sham if you ask me.

    Today, I attended my fourth and final "End of the Year Party" at work. I'm all partied out. That's more than enough socializing I wanted to do with those folks. Everyone is so phony. Surprisingly, my boss found it in her heart to thank me endlessly for all of my hard work this year. She did it in front of 200+ people. I was surprised as she hardly ever acknowledges anything. Briefly, I felt a little warm and fuzzy inside.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    My thoughts on the Tookie Williams execution: I am not 100% against the death penalty. However, if there is a 1% chance that a person might be innocent, why take that chance and determine that they should be executed? Execution is too easy...life in prison seems more of an appropriate punishment.

    2 Comments:

    At 12/16/2005 1:52 PM, Blogger princessdominique said...

    I'm with you on the death penalty, if you're not 100% don't do it. lol @ ankles being crushed by shopping carts. Some people need a license to operate those things.

     

    At 12/31/2005 5:21 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

    We didn't even have a christmas party this year.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Who Links Here  
    Blogroll Me!

     


    Link to Groovy Lizard

     

     

     

    ARCHIVES

    July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 July 2007

    Is Murder Ever The Answer to Murder?
    Because I've Been Tagged...
    I'm Back
    Express Your Love
    Don't Take Anything Personal
    Stolen Identity
    School
    My Ass
    ADHD & CAPD
    NJDiva's Home for Imaginary Friends

  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Crunk And Disorderly
  • Lowered Expectations
  • Urban Knight
  • Myrah Love Today
  • Princess Dominique
  • Sarcasm In A Bottle
  • Sex Kitten
  •