NJ Diva Girl

The life of a Ghetto Geek Diva...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Professional, Single, Student, Parent

  • Blog Mapping
  • Getty Images
  • Google News
  • Internet Broadcasting
  • RandomURL
  • Shadows
  • Sisterstalk
  • The Abrams Report
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  •  

    Saturday, July 23, 2005

    What's in a Smile?


    I went to do my weekly laundry this afternoon. There was this guy in the laundromat watching my every move. I saw him out of the corner of my eye. Being my normal suspicious self, I kept my eyes on him too. Soon enough, he worked his way over to me and asked the question I get asked a lot by strangers. "Why do you look so serious", he asked. I replied, "Because I am a serious person". There was more small talk here and there and surprisingly, he didn't say anything stupid -- not even one thing to get on my nerves or turn me off. This is strange for me because by choice, I am not the approachable type. And if some dude is interested, I've been known to shoot him down in seconds. I'm very picky. I like it that way too, it allots me total control.

    But eventually, I found out he has kids and that he's two years older than me. I swear he looked every bit of 26 but he was 36 years old. He was kind of handsome - well more so cute because of his baby face. We also went to the same high school and knew a lot of the same people. How did I miss that face while I was in high school? Anyway, we talked for a long time and then I noticed my dryers stopped and I needed to start folding. I kindly said, "It was nice chatting with you". Then I proceeded to walk towards my dryers.

    I thought our conversation was done. But when I turned to start folding, there he was grinning with those perfectly straight white teeth only inches away from me. He was in "my space" and I didn't even mind. He kept right on talking and flashing those pearly whites. I can't even tell you what he was talking about at this point because I was so mesmerized by his smile. I thought I'd write about this as no one has even came close to catching my attention like that in what seems like ions. We exchanged digits and we'll be talking more in the future.

    5 Comments:

    At 7/24/2005 4:17 AM, Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

    sounds like he is worth the inquiry, I love it when a random outting produces a nice flirting sessions..come to think of it, i just had one in the elevator of my building..hmmm, I should blog that too, LOL.

    I hope he at least turns out to be a nice friend to spend time with! He gets an A for breaking through your mean muggin, right? LOL

     

    At 7/24/2005 4:53 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

    Sounds like a story in the making. People always ask me why I look so mad, or sad, or serious or whatever. I don't mean to look mad, its just my face. But I know what you mean.

     

    At 7/26/2005 3:42 PM, Blogger NjDivaGirl said...

    We will see where this goes. Bullet, I don't know, this is so out of the norm for me. Don, you don't look mean you just look intense. Deedee, me either about meeting new people and I am so sick of seeing the same ole. Nikki it was actually during the spin cycle..LOL And yes Myrah, I was a litte leary of him being so close to my unmentionables...LOL

     

    At 7/27/2005 11:43 AM, Blogger Miss Stylishly Graceful said...

    i love when men have pretty white teeth...hope it works out for u...i wonder how long it will take for him to say something stupid.

     

    At 8/01/2005 9:41 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

    i love to hear about great first meetings...so often we run into the .."hey ma"..."wussup boo"...always nice to know that a smile and dirty laundry have the possibilities to ummmmm,...love :-)
    keep us in the know of romance on the rinse cycle....

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Who Links Here  
    Blogroll Me!

     


    Link to Groovy Lizard

     

     

     

    ARCHIVES

    July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 July 2007

    A Reflection of Life
    Feuding Co-workers and the Paranormal
    But I Promised...
    Well At Least I Was On Time...
    Spoiled, Rotten Brat!
    28 Years of Separation
    Race Riots Correction
    1967 Race Riots
    30 Something and Single...
    Hello Again!!!

  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Crunk And Disorderly
  • Lowered Expectations
  • Urban Knight
  • Myrah Love Today
  • Princess Dominique
  • Sarcasm In A Bottle
  • Sex Kitten
  •