NJ Diva Girl

The life of a Ghetto Geek Diva...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Professional, Single, Student, Parent

  • Blog Mapping
  • Getty Images
  • Google News
  • Internet Broadcasting
  • RandomURL
  • Shadows
  • Sisterstalk
  • The Abrams Report
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  •  

    Tuesday, August 09, 2005

    Dred Head the Fool...


    Well, I finished that 20 page paper. I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I am a straight A (3.95) student. I take my school work very very serious. This is my second time around. I have a BA in Communication Sciences and this time I will be receiving a BS in Information Technology. I love school and have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. When I finish this degree, I am going for an MS in Information Systems or something like that.

    Anyway getting back to Dred Head ringing my bell at the wee hours of Saturday morning, you know when he said, "Let me in". I lit his ass up over the phone. I told him that he must have lost his damn mind! He knows I don't play that. He knew better than to just show up unannounced. He was very nonchalant about it, saying, "Look baby I'm sorry, but, I did tell you that I was going to stop by, remember last night, on the phone. I asked you about Saturday, remember"? I said, "Yeah but you still should have called. And when you said today, I assumed you didn't mean this early in the morning". So he says, "I feel stupid standing out here, can you just let me in so we can talk about it." I tip-toed over to the window and lifted my index finger gently through the blinds. It was just enough so that I could peep at him without getting caught. I smiled when I saw him. Damn he was looking good too. I bet he smelled good too. That is one fione chocolate piece of cake. Mmm mmm. But good looking or not he was wrong. 10am without warning on a Saturday morning is too early for me. And I wasn't having it. I told him to come back later. He then says, "Ok, I see how you doing me. You probably got some other dude up in there". WHAT!? I was about to black out. How dare him! Then I thought to myself. I said, Self, this man is just trying to play on your sympathy, don't cave in." I didn't give in either. I just told him point blank, "It's not that serious, don't go away mad just go away. We will see each other later."

    He got the message. That was that. I was all riled up at this point. So I showered and got dressed. I wasn't even hungry so I didn't eat. I watched a little TV. Then I picked up the phone to see if I had any missed calls. Nope - no one! 12 Noon rolls around, no call still. 1pm...hmmm maybe my phone is unplugged or the ringer is off by mistake. LOL Nope none of that. Oh well, I guess I blew it. Once again, I came on too strong, maybe. Hell, I am just stubborn like that, people need to respect my divaism. It is now 2pm, damn, maybe I shouldn't have cancelled with Laundry Dude, at least I wouldn't be sitting on the couch all alone watching Comcast On-demand. Most likely I'd be out watching a flick or eating some really tasty ethnic food on some New York sidewalk. At 2:30pm sharp, my phone rings, it's Dred Head. The first thing out of his mouth is, "Have you come to your senses?" Before I could say anything, he adds, "Why do you treat me like a stranger"? I said, "Because you are acting like a stranger". Before he could say another word, I said, "Look, I'm starving, can we talk about this over lunch"? To be continued...

    6 Comments:

    At 8/09/2005 11:59 PM, Blogger Miss Stylishly Graceful said...

    i like the new set up...hope u enjoy u r week

     

    At 8/10/2005 12:32 AM, Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

    You are SO Big-pimpin'! LOL. It' snice to hear about a woman dating these days who is not getting stepped and walked the hell all over. It gets tired after a while. Keep your personhood, keep your dignity! Love it.

     

    At 8/10/2005 1:25 PM, Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

    First time visitor and enjoyed reading your blog.. much success

     

    At 8/10/2005 2:18 PM, Blogger Chicalookate said...

    Not the way I would want to start a Saturday morning....

     

    At 8/11/2005 8:43 PM, Blogger NjDivaGirl said...

    Thanks Style+grace
    ^5 to you midlife (hehe)
    Thanks Zeezy
    Amen Chicalookate

     

    At 8/15/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

    how the hell have I been missing YOUR blog, your writing is spectacular!

    and you are a bookworm like me!

    I don't know you but I am proud! Do the doggone thing diva!!

    us geek divas rawk man, they betta recoginize!! LOL!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Who Links Here  
    Blogroll Me!

     


    Link to Groovy Lizard

     

     

     

    ARCHIVES

    July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 July 2007

    The Weekend
    Laundry Dude
    The Box
    RPG's - GTA & Trapped in the Closet
    Brass Ass Monkey...
    Who's in Charge?
    What's in a Smile?
    A Reflection of Life
    Feuding Co-workers and the Paranormal
    But I Promised...

  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Crunk And Disorderly
  • Lowered Expectations
  • Urban Knight
  • Myrah Love Today
  • Princess Dominique
  • Sarcasm In A Bottle
  • Sex Kitten
  •