NJ Diva Girl

The life of a Ghetto Geek Diva...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Professional, Single, Student, Parent

  • Blog Mapping
  • Getty Images
  • Google News
  • Internet Broadcasting
  • RandomURL
  • Shadows
  • Sisterstalk
  • The Abrams Report
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  •  

    Thursday, August 04, 2005

    Laundry Dude

    "Laundry Dude" and I have been doing a lot of chatting lately. So earlier in the week, he calls and asks, "Hey, what are you doing this weekend?" So out of habit, I say, "Nothing really". Then I remember that I am supposed to hang out with some of my girlfriends on Friday night. So then I tell him about Friday. There's a pause. So I'm like, "Hello?" So he says, "Yes, I'm here". Then silence again. Then he clears his throat and asks, "Well, if you're not busy, do you think you might what to hang out in The City on Saturday, maybe grab a bite to eat...maybe a flick? That is...if you are not too busy?" I immediately froze with hesitation. There was silence.

    I hadn't seen him since that day at the laundromat. Crazy thoughts begin to race through my mind. Suppose those pearly whites were really a good set of false teeth? I envisioned us sitting in a restaurant, him adjusting the teeth so that he could chew his steak properly. Suppose he had a wife stashed away somewhere. Perhaps she might be hiding in the bushes somewhere just waiting to bust my car windows out. Suppose he was a rapist, an ex-con or worst an ax murderer? I chuckled nervously in an attempt to void the silence. Just then, I heard a beep. It was someone calling on the other line. I told him to hold on. I hit the flash button. Whew, saved by the beep!

    It was "Dred Head". I used to love me some Dred Head until he became too clingy. In all honesty, I do miss him. But mostly, I made myself unavailable to him. I always check my caller ID. So whenever I saw it was him, I just wouldn't answer. It's not that I didn't like him, I really did, but he wanted to be in an exclusive relationship and I just wasn't ready for all of that. Anyway, so he's on the other line and he asks me if I'm busy. So I told him yes, but make it quick. So he asks damn near the same thing Laundry Dude asks. And I say, "Ok sure, how about Sunday?" Sounding all giddy he says, "Ok, that's what's up." So I tell him I'll call him back to confirm up everything. We say our goodbyes and I proceed to click over to Laundry Dude. He was waiting there patiently for my answer. I told him I'd get back to him and let him know towards the end of the week. He seemed cool with that.

    Since we know some of the same people, immediately after hanging up with him, I started my detective work. I made a few calls and fortunately he got glowing reviews. I was able to confirm his divorced and that he is not a rapist or an ax murder. LOL I called him back today to confirm for Saturday. So, the line up for the weekend: Hang out with the girls on Friday, Laundry Dude on Saturday and Dred Head on Sunday. To be continued...

    4 Comments:

    At 8/04/2005 8:53 PM, Blogger Diva (in Demand) said...

    You are doing the most! I can't wait to hear about your weekend. LOL

     

    At 8/04/2005 11:00 PM, Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

    Being a diva is a dirty job but somebody's got to do it:) Do what you have to do, Dahlink.

     

    At 8/05/2005 7:34 AM, Blogger Chicalookate said...

    Busy girl... when it rains it pours. My social life is like that. :)
    I like the new layout.

     

    At 8/11/2005 8:37 PM, Blogger NjDivaGirl said...

    LOL yeah I try y'all...but, as my grandmother used to say..."an idle mind is the devil's work" gotta keep it movin.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Who Links Here  
    Blogroll Me!

     


    Link to Groovy Lizard

     

     

     

    ARCHIVES

    July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 July 2007

    The Box
    RPG's - GTA & Trapped in the Closet
    Brass Ass Monkey...
    Who's in Charge?
    What's in a Smile?
    A Reflection of Life
    Feuding Co-workers and the Paranormal
    But I Promised...
    Well At Least I Was On Time...
    Spoiled, Rotten Brat!

  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Crunk And Disorderly
  • Lowered Expectations
  • Urban Knight
  • Myrah Love Today
  • Princess Dominique
  • Sarcasm In A Bottle
  • Sex Kitten
  •