NJ Diva Girl

The life of a Ghetto Geek Diva...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Professional, Single, Student, Parent

  • Blog Mapping
  • Getty Images
  • Google News
  • Internet Broadcasting
  • RandomURL
  • Shadows
  • Sisterstalk
  • The Abrams Report
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  •  

    Tuesday, August 30, 2005

    Untitled...

    I was always different. As far back as I can remember, I knew I was different, I just couldn't put my finger on it. People would make strange comments and my mother would chuckle them off. My sister and I look nothing alike. We don't even look like third cousins let alone sisters. She would dress us alike and as hard as she tried to make us look alike, it just didn't work. The weird comments just kept coming. People would speak foreign languages. I would just give them a blank look. They would often ask me, "What is your nationality?" "Are you mixed?" My own sister would tell me, "Mom found you in the neighbor's oven, that's why you don't look like us." And other kids can be so cruel. "BlackJap!", "Pie Face Negro", "Eskimo", "Black Chinky" "NiggaRican, So, finally when I was around 10 years old, I asked my mother about my father. She told me she'd tell me about him later. 34 years later and she still hasn't told me.

    I used to get mad about it. After all, why withhold information when I am entitled to it. I still get a little upset about it to this day. But, what can I do. And besides, it really doesn't matter now...not really. If nothing else, it has taught me that race should never matter and that your past and background should never dictate the person that you choose to be now.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    Regarding "My New Blender", I've always had vivid dreams...I fell asleep before I even made it to the kitchen...

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Who Links Here  
    Blogroll Me!

     


    Link to Groovy Lizard

     

     

     

    ARCHIVES

    July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 July 2007

    My New Blender
    She's Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    Relieved
    Everything is Everything
    The Condom
    Dred Head the Fool...
    The Weekend
    Laundry Dude
    The Box
    RPG's - GTA & Trapped in the Closet

  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Crunk And Disorderly
  • Lowered Expectations
  • Urban Knight
  • Myrah Love Today
  • Princess Dominique
  • Sarcasm In A Bottle
  • Sex Kitten
  •